Since 2013, Harper’s BAZAAR Asia NewGen Fashion Award has been a platform to discover and nurture emerging talents from the region, giving them the opportunity of a lifetime:In addition to getting mentored by key names in the fashion and publishing industry, and having their collection showcased in magazines and a runway show, they will also get the chance to retail their pieces in the global market through an e-commerce site. Whether you’re a fashion student, or simply passionate about creating your own designs, Harper’s BAZAAR Singapore is giving you the opportunity to showcase your creativity regionally and represent Singapore in the Harper’s BAZAAR Asia NewGen Fashion Award 2016 – 2017.
1. Works submitted should be of original content. No portion of the entry should be copied in whole or in part from any other work that is not the entrant’s own.
2. Entries must be in a commercially viable fabric that can be drycleaned.
3. Submitted designs should not have been previously published or entered into any competition or contest; or to have won any award prior to submission to this contest. Harper’s BAZAAR reserves all the rights to use images and submissions to promote the designers and the competition in all media thereafter for perpetuity.
The winner will be judged on his or her creativity, originality, commercial viability and technical ability to produce work that is on par with Harper’s BAZAAR’s standards. Participants are to include either hand-drawn sketches or web illustrations. Limited to one entry per person for the 2017 contest period.
Participants must be:
1. Emerging designers including: Fashion design students, aspiring or practicing designers
(with under three years of retailing experience)
2. Singaporean or residing in Singapore
Each entry must include:
1. Twelve sketches for spring/summer 2017 ready-to-wear suitable for womenswear
2. The official application form, which can be downloaded from www.harpersbazaar.com.sg
3. Fabric swatches for the proposed designs and relevant mood boards
4. Curriculum vitae
All entries (application form, sketches and curriculum vitae) are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. For complete terms and conditions, download the application form here.
CLOSING DATE: 17 APRIL 2017