1. It is created in collaboration with New York-based derm and advisor to Chanel, Dr Amy Wechsler, who prior to this, wished she had something efficacious and luxurious at the same time to offer to her patients.
2. It is formulated for women whose skin is prone to flare-ups, while feeling tight, dry and uncomfortable. And according to Chanel’s research on more than 9,000 women over 16 years, more than 50 percent of women fall into this category, which means that sensitive skin could happen to anyone.
3. La Solution 10 de Chanel is designed to help alleviate skin conditions which can be caused by undergoing aesthetic procedures, contact irritation, pollution and fluctuations in humidity and climate. These can lead to a damage in the skin barrier, the onset of oxidative stress and keratinocytes stress, which then results in skin flare-ups.
4. The final fomulation of La Solution 10 de Chanel is the result of 117 rounds of tweaks and changes before arriving at one that soothes, moisturises and protects optimally.
5. The plan was to leave out unnecessary chemicals and be transparent about the ingredients used. This is because people with sensitive skin usually have problems with many chemicals in common skincare products and it can be tough, even for dermatologists, to figure out which specific ingredient is responsible for any flare-ups when regular serums and creams easily have more than 30 ingredients.
6. Dr Wechsler originally suggested green tea to be used, as it was known for its potent antioxidant properties.
7. Thanks to the Active Ingredients Research team headed by Nicola Fuzzati, they chanced upon a rare and potent tea, called the Silver Needle Tea. And in their labs, the team at Chanel found that it has the highest concentration of antioxidants of all the varieties of tea tested.
8. In addition, the Silver Needle Tea also contains Theanine, an amino acid which is essential in reducing inflammation.
9. As its name suggests, La Solution 10 de Chanel contains only 10 ingredients, all of which are clearly labelled on the bottle itself, and they include water, vegetal squalane, soft powder, glycerin, silver needle tea extract, shea butter extract, emollient, emulsifier, humectant, preservative.
10. In its consumer tests, even women in pollution-laden Beijing gave La Solution 10 de Chanel their approval.
By Joyce Cheo