No matter how great you feel about your naked body, unless you’ve been following Gisele‘s workout and meal plan for the last few months, you probably wouldn’t turn down a little extra last-minute help in the slimming, tightening and allover glowing departments.
The No-Bloat Meal Plan:
Skip the AM coffee. Nutritionist and Founder of The Wave State Steve Macari recommends starting the morning off with a glass of room-temperature water with a pinch of sea salt and a splash of orange juice, or watermelon juice, which is high in the amino acid citrulline (shown in animal studies to help with weight loss) and an excellent hydrator. If you need a dose of caffeine, “green tea is both calming and a natural diuretic,” says Dr. Jamé Heskett, author ofThe Well Path: Lose 20 Pounds, Reverse the Aging Process, Change Your Life.
Avoid the following: gluten, dairy, nuts, seeds, soy, guar gum and other gums, carageenan (an additive often found in almond and coconut milk), broccoli and cauliflower, Brussel sprouts, onions (think of your breath) and protein powders
Order a smarter dinner. “Start with something bitter, like arugula or lemon water or a small salad with vinegar, to get the digestive juices flowing,” says Macari. “Then choose a protein + cooked vegetable entrée, like fish and sautéed greens.” You’ll want to pass on the bread and, if you’re eating sushi, soy sauce.
The Day-of Workout:
Practice a new way of breathing. You may have heard what Dr. Heskett calls “negative pressure breathing” referred to as “stomach vacuuming;” the idea is to take a deep inhale in while pulling your belly button in toward your spine and holding for 15 seconds (eventually building up to 60) before very slowly exhaling. “Sucking your belly in and holding it will reconnect the muscles in your belly that slim your waistline to your brain, which will keep them more active at working to flatten your stomach,” she says.
Follow a quick strength training circuit. According to Anna Kaiser, Founder of AKT InMotion, strength exercises performed as close to the 30-minute mark of shedding your clothes will help to make your muscles look engaged.
Perform the below exercises in order three times for 60 seconds each.
1) Swing It: Starting on the ground in a bridge, extend the right leg toward the ceiling. Keeping the left hip lifted, lower the right leg straight down to the front and swing it out to the right. Reverse the motion to come back to your starting position. Switch legs.
2) Burning Man Bridge: Start on the ground in a bridge, with the right leg extended to the ceiling and hold it there. Pulse the left side of your butt toward the ceiling. Switch legs.
3) Twisting Booty Buster: Start on the ground in a bridge with the right leg extended to the ceiling. Tuck the right leg under the left leg while twisting the hips to the right, and push the left hip back up as you extend the right leg back to the ceiling. Switch legs.
1) Cap’t Crunch: Start lying on your back, one weight held between your feet, and feet extended at a 45-degree angle forward, keeping your entire back pressed down into the mat. Hold the legs there, and lift your head off the ground, tuck your chin to your chest, and lift your shoulder blades off the floor. Hold here, and pulse higher for one minute. Try lowering the legs by one inch on the last 10 reps to target the rectus abdominus.
2) Pulsating Plank: Start in plank. Pull the right knee into your chest and pulse it toward your chest for 20 seconds. Then, turn the right leg out, and pulse the knee toward the right elbow for 20 seconds. Finish off by alternating pulses between chest and elbow 20 seconds. Switch sides and repeat to target your full core.
3) Side Cincher: Start in a side plank with your left hand on the floor, your right foot on the floor, and your left leg bent so your foot is attached to your right knee. Lower the left hip to touch the floor and raise it back up again. Repeat 1 minute. Then switch sides. Targets obliques, serratus.
1) Down and Dirty Dog: Start in a down dog position. Turn fingers to face one another. Bend your elbows out to the sides, and bring the top of the head down to touch the mat.
2) Side Sphinx: Start by lying on your left side with your left forearm on the ground, parallel to the front (the closer the arm is to you, the harder this exercise becomes). Keep the elbow wrapped around to the front, straighten the arm fully, then bend the elbow to tap the ground again. Switch sides.
3) Sly Pushups: Start by lying on your left side with your right hand on the ground in front of you. Put your left hand on your right shoulder and keep your chest facing forward. As you bend your right elbow, tap the left shoulder to the ground and bring it back up as your straighten your right arm. Switch sides.
The Skincare Routine:
Brush your body. “Dry-brushing, followed by an alternating hot-and-cold shower, will boost your circulation and reduce any trapped fluid in your body, and have your skin glowing all over,” says Dr. Heskett. We love Mio Skincare Natural Dry Body Brush.
Disguise cellulite for the night. Cellulite creams are a gimmick in the long-term, but according to Dr. Vic Narkurkar, a dermatologist in San Francisco, “most at-home creams may produce a temporary improvement. Look for products that contain glaucine, caffeine, centella asiatica extract and glaucine. We recommendTrilastin and Cellutone.”
Contour your chest and abs. “Contouring your chest and abs with bronzer will help pop your already existing definition,” says Kaiser. “But only contour lines that are already there—adding extra will look fake.”
Smooth out the surface. After dry-brushing, use a gentle salicylic acid scrub, like Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub, to help prevent and heal ingrown hairs, then follow that up with rich botanical body oil, like Butter Elixir, for a glowy sheen.
The Extra Details:
Cast yourself in a good light. This is not the time for overhead lights—instead, turn on a floor light, a table lamp or scatter candles around the room. (Red lighting, according to Passion, a dancer at Magic City Strip Club, is the most flattering.)
Get in the mood early. “An orgasm releases tension in your papas, which helps you stand up straighter and present a more positive body image. It also makes you feel relaxed, look glowing and fills you with a ton of positive hormones for connecting and feeling positive about your body,” says Dr. Heskett.
From: Harper’s BAZAAR US