Dry shampoos are a godsend. A few spritzes not only soak up excess grease on your scalp, but adds volume to limp strands, and they are perfect for days when you’re just feeling too lazy or busy to give your hair a proper wash.
Plus, unlike too frequent washing of your hair, which can dry out your scalp by stripping oil out from its roots, dry shampoo can help control and stabilise your scalp’s oil production in the long run.
But make sure to use it for no more than two days to prevent product build up – dry shampoos may soak up oil, but it can’t remove dirt and grime.
Singapore’s humid weather can quickly leave scalp oily and hair lifeless and limp, which is why a dry shampoo is in order. Click through below for the nine best dry shampoos for humid weather.
- If you’ve recently dyed your hair a lighter or darker colour, this dry shampoo is for you. Not only does it add extra volume while keeping grease at bay, the spray contains a special formula to enhance your blonde or darker tones between salon visits.
Part dry shampoo and part texturiser, this cult favourite provides volume, grip, and that well sought after beachy, tousled texture for your hair with no powdery residue, thanks to its patented polymers and ginger root extract for hold and shine. Plus, it imparts a mediterranean-inspired scent that smells simply amazing.
- For a dry shampoo that offers long lasting freshness, look towards the LUSH No Drought Dry Shampoo. Made with a blend of cornstarch, magnesium carbonate and essential oils, the powder gives you hair that looks and smells good, thanks to its light, citrusy fragrance. Simply lightly dust the powder over your scalp and massage it in, shaking off the excess for hair.
- This dry shampoo goes a step further and actually cleans your hair from sweat and oil, thanks to its patented OFMPA molecule. Spritz on for fresh looking hair with a clean, floral scent.
- For fresh, clean hair with no tangles or caking, try the Klorane gentle dry shampoo with oat milk, which contains rice and corn starch to absorb oil and oat milk to soothe the scalp. Massage the powder in to avoid any visible residue, and you’re good to go!
- This dry shampoo goes on white, but it disappears quickly, drying up any oils surrounding your scalp for light, fresh, and voluminous hair. The non-aerosol product’s got a blend of Binchotan charcoal to detoxify, and super-vitamin, Biotin that provides essential nutrients to the hair follicles to support healthy hair in the long run.
- This Batiste dry shampoo is a drugstore staple is a beauty favourite that refreshes even the oilest of hairs instantly, thanks to main ingredient rice starch for high absorbency. It also masks odor, and adds volume to the roots without leaving a noticeable chalky residue.
This dry shampoo hits all your roots easily without any white cast. Plus, each spritz contains a bamboo and rice powder formula for instant volume and texture, and argan oil and millet seed extract for extra shine and conditioning.
- This fast acting dry shampoo contains a 100% vegan formula of cornstarch, arrowroot powder, kaolin clay, and nourishing oils that works to quickly absorb oil and remove grime, leaving hair feeling soft and clean.