Summer evokes fun escapades in the sun. And summer makeup palettes usually run with the colours of sunset, bronzed skin and that enviable glow. This year, it’s no different, but we’re seeing some more colourful and fun palettes, as well as those that are using green as a compliment to the burnt oranges. Here are some you have to get for that tropical vibe.
1. Nars Endless Orgasm Palette, $75, from Nars counters and Sephora
This multi-use palette can be used on your eyes, cheeks and lips. The bottom right pan is the brand’s iconic Orgasm shade and the other five colours all compliment it so you look pulled together regardless which ones you use. The lightweight formula also blends into skin effortlessly, while the satin-cream pigments add a healthy radiance to your complexion.
2. Shu Uemura x Maison Kitsune #mycamostyle Camo Eyeshadow Palette, $123, from Shu Uemura boutiques and counters
As the name suggests, Shu Uemura’s summer collection is inspired by the camouflage pattern fashion trend. We like the wearability of the colours, plus these three shades – orange, gold and khaki green – make the palette less basic. The eyeshadows glide smoothly onto skin with high colour payoff in one swipe, thanks to the micro-fine pigments in the formula.
3. YSL Beaute Luxuriant Haven Couture Palette Collector, $112, from YSL boutiques and counters
Drawing inspiration from exotic Marrakech, the brand’s global beauty director Tom Pecheux made this palette colourful and hot. We like the contrast of the green, brown and orange. Plus, the white shimmer shade in the middle doubles as a highlighter too.
4. Lunasol The Lighting Color Eyes in EX01 Playful, $138, from Kanebo counters at Takashimaya D.S and OG Albert Complex
Summer is associated with fun and colourful palettes and it doesn’t get wilder than this eyeshadow palette from Lunasol. Ten different shades, from purple to orange, green to yellow, lets you get experimental with your looks.
5. Dior Backstage Face Palette in #002 Glitz, $77, from Dior boutiques at Ion Orchard, MBS, and Sephora stores, from June 2019
Technically, this is not a summer collection, but it is launched in the summer season, and the colours help impart that summer glow. We like the shimmery bronze and glittery gold, which are very, for lack of a better word, summery. One tip that creative and image director for Dior Makeup Peter Philips gave: Apply with a brush for a more subtle glow, and use your fingertips for a more metallic-looking finish.