Harper’s BAZAAR Singapore is now giving you the opportunity to showcase your design talents and business acumen at the Harper’s BAZAAR Asia NewGen Fashion Award 2022, Singapore Edition.
Into our 9th year now, Harper’s BAZAAR Asia NewGen Fashion Award was launched to discover, grow and showcase emerging fashion designers across the region, giving them the opportunity of a lifetime. Last year, Harper’s BAZAAR Asia NewGen Fashion Award pivoted the awards into a Singapore edition, the Fashion students were given the opportunity to be mentored by Harper’s BAZAAR editors and key names in the fashion industry: Lai Chan (established fashion couturier) as well as Rebecca Ting (co-founder and creative director of Beyond the Vines).
The winner for 2021, Justin Chua, a graduate from Lasalle College of the Arts, was announced on November 25, 2021. His capsule collection will also be sold at Design Orchard and its online store, oneorchard.store.
Pegging on the success of its previous editions, the Harper’s BAZAAR NewGen Fashion Award (Singapore edition) competition continues its search for the next wave of emerging designers for the year 2022.
Join the competition NOW for a chance to receive the following worth over $200,000.
– Win $10,000 cash prize
– Develop your final year project into a fashion brand
– Be sponsored for a 12-month master’s degree course on the London campus of Istituto Marangoni worth £30,000
– Showcase and retail your collection at retailer
– Showcase your collection in Harper’s BAZAAR Singapore fashion spread worth over $50,000
– Be mentored by Harper’s BAZAAR Singapore and CHANEL Singapore over one-on-one and group sessions worth over $150,000
Participants must be:
1. Final Year (Bachelor of Arts) Fashion design students with a ready final year project for submission with a ready final year project for submission
2. Singapore Citizen or residing in Singapore
Each entry must include:
1. Completed official application form
2. Final year project sketches, relevant mood boards, material and photos of actual collection
3. Curriculum vitae
The winner will be judged on his or her creativity, originality, commercial viability and technical ability of the final year project to produce work that is on par with Harper’s BAZAAR’s standards. The vision on his or her fashion business and possible expansion of the collection is part of the judging criteria as well. Participants are to include final year project materials and collections. Limited to one entry per person for the 2022 contest period.
All entries (application form, final year project in digital form and curriculum vitae) are to be submitted through this link.
CLOSING DATE: 8 JULY 2022, 11.59PM
For further enquiries about the competition, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org