The stars went all out for the Star Awards, which turns 25 this year. And slicked back hair – from short to long – and natural makeup are what many of them are going for. Here are the best beauty looks we picked from the red carpet.
1. Cecilia Cheung
- Hong Kong actress Cecilia Cheung let her hair down in loose, voluminous waves and kept the rest of her makeup simpler with perfectly groomed brows and a pink lip. We love that she matched her nail polish colour to her red carpet-worthy fringed dress.
2. Denise Camillia Tan
While many actresses kept their makeup pared down, the Malaysian actress who made her acting debut in Singapore just two years ago shows that a bold red lip is sure to make an unforgettable impression.
3. Cynthia Koh
- View this post on Instagram
All ready for red carpet. I wanted something simple and classic. Really love this simplicity. Big ❤️ to the following Dress @style_lease Jewellery @pohhengjewelleryofficial Makeup @kennethleesg Hair styling- @starstylistmediacorp Styling @anniechuasg #redcarpet #starawards2019 #gown #ootd #sa2019sg
- Actress Cynthia Koh’s bold lip elevates her otherwise casual-looking hairstyle – a deep side part pulled back into a short but chic-looking ponytail.
4. Ya Hui
- It’s a win for Ya Hui who proved that a side-parted, slicked back pixie cut just adds to the glam factor. Keep the eye makeup simple with eyeliner to define the eyes and go for a pink lippie to keep the look feminine.
5. Sheila Sim
- Cool girl Sheila Sim went for a monochrome look with mauve eyeshadow and lips to match. We’re in love with how chic she looks, from head to toe.
6. Wu Jin Yan
The Chinese actress of Story of Yanxi Palace fame looks fresh-faced and energetic with impeccable brows and a coral lip.
7. Xiang Yun
The veteran actress opted for old Hollywood waves, a bold lip and a cat-eye – proving that this classic combination is, like her new award, evergreen.
8. Hong Ling
Local actress Hong Ling’s smoky eye stood out among the mostly natural-makeup looks of the night.
9. Carrie Wong
Local darling Carrie Wong went for a monochrome look from head to toe, with pink eyeshadow and lips to match her pastel pink gown. Her long, loose waves finished off the sweet and feminine look.
10. Paige Chua
Other than a pair of super strong brows and a little definition to the eyes, actress Paige Chua looked every bit the natural beauty with sleek, straight hair pinned behind her ears.
11. Rebecca Lim
Actress Rebecca Lim went with pale pink lips to match her girly gown. She kept her hair simple, centre-parted with loose waves at the ends.
12. Fann Wong
Actress Fann Wong is #skingoals with just-right dewy skin. While we’re seeing lots of slicked back hair, Fann brought some volume to her hair with wavy locks that are pulled back into a low ponytail.
13. Zoe Tay
Queen of Caldecott Zoe Tay kept the focus on her eyes by going with natural lips with a subtle hint of colour that matches her gown. Who can tell that there’s a 22 year age gap between Zoe and Wu Jinyan?
14. Joanne Peh
Actress-turned-director Joanne Peh kept her look super simple with natural-looking brows and side-parted, slicked back hair