1. Where the magic happened: The Alexander Wang SS16 show took place in a huge concrete space, with a spotlit runway against a huge screen.
2. The front row game was on fleek last night, with all of Wang’s gang turning up: Think Nicki Minaj, The Weeknd, Mary J. Blige and Bella Hadid among others.
@abelxo & @nickiminaj at the #AWS16 runway show. #WANG10 A photo posted by ALEXANDER WANG (@alexanderwangny) on
3. Lady Gaga caused a media frenzy just by showing up to take her front row seat. Then again, would you expect anything less?
4. Menswear showed up on the Alexander Wang runway for the first time last night, and we couldn’t be more excited about it—especially with those chic overalls! 5. Wang’s favourite girl of the moment Anna Ewers closed the show in a fabulously fringed leather dress that is absolutely to die for.
10th anniversary for @alexanderwangny ? #AWS16 #nyfw #WANG A photo posted by ➳ E M I L Y B R O O K E S ☾✧ (@em_brookes2) on
6. Of course, Alexander Wang took his bow as he has always done—by running down the length of the runway exuberantly. Now that’s a finale!
7. And last but not least, a short dispatch from our associate fashion news editor Gerald on the show: “It was back to the street for the designer, who churned out a collection that’ll definitely please his posse of BFFs and diehard fans!”
Text by Pakkee Tan