For Pre-Fall 2017, Karl Lagerfeld took over the quintessential Parisian setting — the Ritz Paris — to stage this season’s Chanel’s Metiers d’Arts show, ‘Paris Cosmopolite.’ The show featured several runway debuts from Lily-Rose Depp to Pharrell Williams along with the runway return of Cara Delevingne. For models like Sofia Richie and Selah Marley, the runway also marked their first-ever Chanel show. From the looks to the A-list attendees, 9 things to know about the show from today.
Related article: Lily-Rose Depp Makes Her Runway Debut At Chanel
1) The show took place in the middle of the dining room at the Ritz Paris. Models weaved through luncheon tables as their runway in the Parisian setting.
2) Cara Delevingne opened the show. The model-turned-actress walked the runway for the first time since October 2015, when she walked Chanel Spring 2016 alongside Lagerfeld.
3) Lily-Rose Depp made her first-ever runway appearance. The 17-year-old Chanel muse and campaign model walked in the show for the first time, wearing a sequin crop top and skirt set followed by a black tulle dress and matching veil.
4) Pharrell also hit the runway. The singer and style icon previously starred in a Chanel campaign and short film alongside Cara Delevingne but took to the catwalk for the first time. The duo was reunited backstage before today’s show.
Related article: The World According To Coco Chanel
5) The looks were topped off with oversized flowers in the models’ hair. Flowers in peach, midnight blue and pretty pinks accessorized all the runway looks—some with black veils included.
6) Lauryn Hill’s daughter Selah Marley, Sofia Richie and Kenya Kinski Jones allwalked the show for the first time. Both Marley and Richie walked the Yeezy Season 4 show back in September but for Kinski Jones, this marked the first time she’s ever walked a runway show.
Related article: Coco in Cuba: Exploring Havana’s Secret Locales With Chanel
7) 15-year-old Rowan Blanchard attended the show for the first time—meaning Karl Lagerfeld may have a new muse? The Girl Meets World actress and outspoken activist took her first trip to Paris for the occasion and knowing Lagerfeld’s penchant for fearless feminists—Blanchard may be an emerging Chanel muse to watch.
8) The finale included a lot of dancing. And it turns out Cara Delevingne has some moves.
From: Harper’s BAZAAR US