Daft Punk-inspired robots, sideways baseball caps and the most colourful cable wires you’ve ever seen—Chanel fully embraced both tech and the ’90s for its Spring 2017 show. From the stars who sat front row to the Instagram-friendly backdrop, here are 10 things to know from Karl Lagerfeld‘s latest Paris Fashion Week runway feat:
1) The show invite featured two interlocking C’s made out of colourful cable wires, hinting at a tech-themed show.
2) For Spring 2017, Chanel transformed its go-to show venue, the Grand Palais, into Data Center Chanel.
3) The set was comprised of walls and walls of colourful wires, making the perfect backdrop for both the runway and attendees looking for an Insta moment.
4) Chanel ambassador Lily Rose Depp attended in an ’80s-inspired Chanel look and sat front row next to none other than Usher.
5) Courtney Love and daughter Frances Bean Cobain were also sat front row together.
6) Taking the #DataCenterChanel theme seriously, two robots in coordinating Chanel tweed suits opened up the show.
7) Models wore side ponytails and baseball caps tilted sideways for some serious ’90s Fresh Prince of Bel-Air vibes.
8) The Chanel bag got a tech-inspired update with LED-lighting:
- Fashion Week
- PFW SS17