For her first Dior Cruise show, Maria Grazia Chiuri took the fashion set into the picturesque desert of California’s Santa Monica Mountains.
Showing off a new side of LA, Dior’s Cruise 2018 runway unfolded against a scenic sunset and mountain view, complete with two floating Dior hot air balloons in the distance. Taking inspiration from Georgia O’Keeffe, the laid-back, Wild West-infused collection paired perfectly with its Californian backdrop. From the star-studded front row to the standout accessories, see the seven highlights from last night’s show.
1) To reach the show’s location, guests went off-roading out to the Santa Monica Mountains via ATVs. The fashion pack was seated in safari-like tents featuring couches and cushions in lieu of a front row.
Related article: All The Best Looks From Dior Cruise 2018
2) Two Dior Sauvage hot air balloons made for the ultimate Instagram bait. Throughout the show, the balloons served as an airy backdrop to the runway, but afterwards proved to be the Instagram gold of the night.
3) Rihanna, Demi Moore, Jaimie King, Charlize Theron and many more graced the front row. The star-studded show hosted a gathering of A-listers, all dressed in Dior. Bad Gal Riri wore a look straight off the Cruise 2018 runway.
Related article: All The Celebrities At Dior’s Cruise 2018 Show & Party
4) Maria Grazia Chiuri’s inspiration from the show came from wall paintings in the Lascaux cave, which Monsieur Dior himself was also inspired by back in the early ’50s. The hand paintings could be seen reimagined atop wide-brimmed hats and embroidered into airy dresses on the runway.
5) Every look was topped with a wide-brimmed hat, setting the tone for the ultimate Western vibe. Following Dior’s Fall 2017 runway filled with leather berets, the hats of this season took a more laid-back vibe, many of which were adorned with turquoise beads and cave-like paintings.
6) Following suit, the collection itself featured dresses, jackets, cardigans and more taking influence from the Lascaux paintings along with Georgia O’Keeffe.
Related article: Watch The Dior Cruise 2018 Show Live From Los Angeles
7) After the show, Solange served as the special musical performance for guests. The singer performed a setlist from her album, A Seat At The Table in an all-white Dior look.
From: Harper’s BAZAAR US
Additional reporting by Hanan Haddad