1. Burch brought her show outdoors…
Lady Luck was definitely smiling on the American designer. The sky was clear, the morning air was cool and crisp, and everyone seemed in high spirits — even those who had to contend with the piercing sunlight.
2. …And on to the grounds of the Cooper Hewitt Smithsonian Design Museum
Located just beside the Central Park, the museum contains a large number of works that chart America’s path in design.
Related article: New York Fashion Week: 10 Best Looks from Tory Burch Spring 2018
3. The designer worked in elements from the oeuvre of long-time inspiration, David Hicks
The late English interior designer and decorator’s bold penchant for bold prints, detail for colour and knack for contrasting the old and the new came alive in Burch’s clothes: Striped dresses recalled both wallpaper and carpets, while a webbed print resembled tiles that might have appeared in a home that has gone under the deft hands of Hicks.
Related article: All The Front Row Stars At New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2018
4. At Tory Burch, flats are the footwear of choice next season
Each pair pulled the look together and gave the collection a desirable, nonchalant attitude.
5. The trick to pulling off all the looks next season? Look like you’re always in the mood for a beach vacation
The show had us yearning to hop onto the next flight out of town, check in to a fancy resort and dip our toes in sand.
Related article: The Best Street Style from New York Fashion Week Spring 2018