The big news this week is that Hedi Slimane is moving Saint Laurent Paris’s fall/winter 2016 show to the West Coast this year, at the iconic Hollywood Palladium theatre, no less! This marks the first time that the French label is presenting its ready-to-wear collection in the City of Angels and just goes to show how influential (and, by extension, important) Slimane is as creative director of the house. Here are seven things that you need to know before this groundbreaking show on 10 February 2016:
1. The show will be split into two parts.
Part One will show in Los Angeles (on 10 February) ahead of the Paris ready-to-wear schedule, while Part Two will show at Paris Fashion Week as usual (on 7 March).
2. It is Hedi Slimane’s tribute to Los Angeles’s music scene.
His affinity for music runs deep, plus he stays in LA and works from there too, so it makes sense that he would show there as well.
3. This marks Slimane’s second project involving LA as a destination.
His first was an exhibition titled “California Song” at the LA Museum of Contemporary.
4. The Saint Laurent show will take place just five days before the Grammys.
Talk about perfect timing.
5. The venue—Hollywood’s Palladium theatre—is deeply intertwined with LA’s music scene.
Frank Sinatra was the first performer there when it opened in 1940, and has hosted famous musicians such as Led Zeppelin, Prince and The Rolling Stones.
Watch the brand’s video announcement here: