Courtney Davis, a mother from Kentucky, got the shock of her life when her 19-month-old daughter stuck a phone charger into her mouth.
Explaining the situation in a Facebook post, Davis said that “[i]t took all of a few seconds for [her child] to get burned.” Previously, her daughter had never tried to put it in her mouth and it just happened that “[t]he one day it isn’t moved she stuck it in her mouth and got a severe burn.”
The doctor that Davis consulted confirmed her child suffered from a severe electrical burn and she is now raising awareness about the dangers that phone chargers can pose to young children.
“Many parents don’t think twice about the danger of a phone charger around children,” she wrote. “Parents, Grandparents, babysitters etc please put your chargers up out of reach. My daughter was lucky the next kid may not be as lucky as her.”
You can read her Facebook post in full here or below:
So I wasn’t going to post about this until I posted in a mom group and found out many parents don’t think twice about the danger of a phone charger around children. On Sept 28th my 19 month old stuck my phone charger in her mouth. We went to the Dr who confirmed that it was an electrical burn there was nothing they could put on it due to her being able to lick it. Any other day my charger wouldn’t have been plugged up in her reach but bc of a bunch of stuff going on that day I didn’t have time to move it. It took all of a few seconds for her to get burned. She had never tried to put it in her mouth and she had never messed with it. The one day it isn’t moved she stuck it in her mouth and got a severe burn. She doesn’t feel it thank God hasn’t acted like it bothers her at all.
**Parents, Grandparents, babysitters etc please put your chargers up out of reach. My daughter was lucky the next kid may not be as lucky as her.
UPDATE: Gabby’s mouth is looking better. We have an appt tomorrow with her pediatrician to see about getting a referral to a specialist. She still acts like it doesn’t hurt. To everyone messaging me please know that I have read most messages I just haven’t had time to reply. I will continue to update this post as things progress. A new picture of her mouth has been added to the comments.
*UPDATE: Gabby saw the doctor this morning and while it definitely looks better now than it did we will still be referred to a plastic surgeon to get another opinion and further care for this. I have received quite a few messages wanting to know what kind of charger it was. It was a store bought charger that fits a SAMSUNG Note 5.
The Rise Of Picture-Perfect Motherhood
Prince George Is The Royal With The Greatest Style Influence