The most important meal of the day should not be replaced with sweet pastries and a cup of black coffee. Instead, scroll down for some breakfast ideas for an energy-filled meal to get you through the day.
1. Smoothie Bowl: 300 calories
Perfectly Pink Smoothie Bowl just for you! Strawberry Banana Ice cream topped with blueberries, quinoa crispies, dark chocolate covered chia seeds, kiwi, and non-dairy yogurt flowers.? Sending you strength and confident vibes today! . . . . #hclf #carbup #nourish #fullyraw #?#feedfeed #chiaseeds #smoothiebowl #befitfoods #eatplants #hclfvegan #smoothiebowls #healthycuisines
- Who said you can’t have dessert for breakfast? A smoothie bowl tastes just as sweet and comforting as a calorie-filled tub of ice cream but with a lot less saturated fat and sugar. Blend up some strawberries, yoghurt, maple syrup and vanilla and voilà you’ve got a luscious bowl of strawberry and cream. Add vibrant coloured toppings from fruits to nuts, the options are endless!
2. Yoghurt parfait: 160 calories
- Not only does it look exquisite, each spoonful doesn’t disappoint either. The beauty of a parfait is layering different nutritional ingredients ranging from bananas, oats, yoghurt and honey to create an edible master piece. Packed with protein and energy needed for your day, this power breakfast requires minimal preparation. Perfect for busy bees!
3. Banana pancakes: 150 calories
??? NOWY WPIS! Placuszki pełnoziarniste z bananem i ulubionymi owocami! Idealnie sprawdzą się podczas leniwego poranka ? Po więcej smakowitych zdjęć i przepis zapraszam na bloga. Link w profilu ? #dziendobry #placuszki #zdrowo #sniadanie #zima #kawa #morning #pancakes #bananapancakes #cookmagazine #tv_living #tv_stilllife #feedfeed #f52grams #gloobyfood #foodblogfeed #foodvsco #winter #cozy #foodie
Leave the flour and sugar out, all you need are 2 ingredients to make delicious pancakes. Get your carbs and protein supplements using just bananas and eggs to make your pancakes. Achieve sweetness from the bananas and fluffy cloud-like texture from the eggs and you have an easy breakfast packed with goodness.
4. Avocado toast: 350 calories
- Even though we try our best to stay away from fat, avocado, the fruit we all love, has a surprisingly high fat content. It contains healthy fats that actually help in weight loss and also keeps us energised throughout the day. Spread a little seasoned avocado on toast and maybe add a poached egg for added protein for a savory and delectable breakfast.
5. Overnight oats: 300 calories
This bowl of overnight oats definitely looks better than my messy container (thanks, Pinterest?), but the key ingredient is still there: flax seed! • • Flax is an amazing, nutrient-dense seed that you can add to most anything (oats, smoothies, casseroles, etc.)? What's so awesome about flax seed? It has cardio-protective omega-3s, cholesterol-lowering properties, can help in fighting cancer cells, and can help in PREVENTING certain cancers, such as breast cancer? And the good news? You only need 1 tablespoon a day! That's it! What other food packs a punch that big in such a small amount?? • • How do you incorporate flax seed into your diet? Any recipes you can share??
- The beauty of overnight oats is that it requires absolutely no morning preparation, which is Godsend when you’re half asleep at dawn. If you have never heard of overnight oats, it is an ingenious idea of mixing ingredients from peanut butter to bananas together with rolled oats and adding either milk or water to leave in your fridge overnight. By the next day, the oats would have soaked up all the flavour, leaving you a delightful breakfast.
By Shona Menon