What better shows to binge-watch with your BFFs than ones that are sure to pass the Bechdel test with flying colours?
Amy Schumer: The Leather Special
You can always count on Amy Schumer to tell it like it is. Her latest one-hour special is raunchy, irreverent and 100 percent authentic.
- Amy Schumer: The Leather Special is now available on Netflix.
Related article: 8 Things You Need To Know About Netflix’s ‘The Crown’
Based on the bestselling #Girlboss, this comedy looks at Sophia Amoruso’s journey from eBay retailer to running a fashion empire (no word on whether it will also deal with Nasty Gal’s recent bankruptcy).
- Girlboss launches on April 21 on Netflix.
Marvel’s Jessica Jones
- Krysten Ritter’s resume is filled with badass characters, from the titular b—- in Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23 to Jessica Jones, the tough, witty superheroine trying to rebuild her life.
- Marvel’s Jessica Jones is now available on Netflix.
- Related article: Here’s Your Netflix Fortune For The Year Of The Rooster
This queen might not have pet dragons, but watching Elizabeth II grow into her role is every bit as fascinating.
The Crown is now available on Netflix.
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Kimmy’s never-say-die attitude—borne out of living as part of a cult underground for 15 years— is equal parts inspiring and infuriating… but always hilarious.
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt launches on May 19 on Netflix.
Related article: 7 Socially Conscious Fashion Labels That Support Women Causes
By Annabelle Fernandez