Alan Rickman has died aged 69. The much-loved British actor had been suffering from cancer.
His death was confirmed by his family this morning. Rickman, who had one of the most recognisable voices in film, first shot to fame in 1988, playing the dastardly villain Hans Gruber opposite Bruce Willis in Die Hard. He later went on to become a star of both stage and screen, with memorable films including Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Sense and Sensibility, Sweeney Todd, Love Actually and Truly, Madly, Deeply, and recently found a new legion of younger fans thanks to his role as Professor Snape in the Harry Potter series.
In tribute, we look back at our five favourite Alan Rickman film roles below:
1) As Hans Gruber in Die Hard:
2) As Colonel Brandon in Sense and Sensibility:
3) As the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves:
4) As Harry in Love Actually:
5) As Severus Snape in Harry Potter:
From: Harper’s BAZAAR US
- Alan Rickman