1. J.K. Rowling told a book-burner to “borrow her lighter.”
J.K. Rowling is not playing with any fool on Twitter who threatens to burn their Harry Potter DVDs and books. When this person was mad at a Yahoo article about Rowling tweeting a Bible verse previously quoted by Vice President Pence that appeared to contradict the Muslim ban, she told them to borrow her lighter. She’s already got their money, so why should she care?
2. Cher had the best response to someone saying she’ll believe she supports the DREAM act when she sees it.
“Keep your eyes open bitch.” Annihilated.
3. Chrissy Teigen put a hater in their place by simply stating the facts of her incredible life.
The original Twitter exchange has been deleted, but in response to someone who said she “peaked,” Chrissy responded with the world’s greatest flex: “I have a best selling book, great boobs, a family I love, am literally eating pasta on a lake in Italy and I married rich.”
Related article: The Greatest Royal Family Moments To Relive From 2017
4. Finn Wolfhard gave the world the ultimate sign-off.
Fans were upset when a video of Stranger Things star Finn Wolfhard showed him walking past fans, effectively refusing to stop his day to give them attention, so he was forced to clarify that he doesn’t owe his time to anyone. Can “Think b4 ya type boiiii” be the new “Bye, Felicia?”
5. Patty Jenkins elegantly proved James Cameron wrong about everything.
2017 was the year James Cameron of Titanic and Avatar fame tried to come for Wonder Woman. Read that sentence again. To be more exact, he called the movie a “step backwards” because Wonder Woman is “an objectified icon, and it’s just male Hollywood doing the same old thing.” When Patty Jenkins heard he didn’t think Diana of goddamn Themyscira was an empowering character because she was pretty, Patty laid down the law: “if women have to always be hard, tough and troubled to be strong, and we aren’t free to be multidimensional or celebrate an icon of women everywhere because she is attractive and loving, then we haven’t come very far have we?”
6. Chrissy Metz reminded everyone who’s in charge of Chrissy Metz.
Haters didn’t like a red latex dress Chrissy wore to the MTV Movie and TV Awards, but they made the mistake of thinking she had any interest whatsoever in their peasant opinions.
Related article: Solange Reveals She’s Been Diagnosed With An Autonomic Disorder
7. Chris Evans went full Captain America on David Duke.
David Duke, the former Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, posted pictures of Chris Evans with his Jewish girlfriend Jenny Slate and his African-American ex Naomie Harris and asked why Chris hated “the women of his people.” Chris responded with a brief but effective read that put the white supremacist in a rush to delete the tweets. Nothing but respect for MY Captain.
8. Ed Sheeran defended his Game of Thrones cameo with the reality of his joy.
After people accused Ed Sheeran of leaving Twitter to avoid the backlash to his cameo, he posted an Instagram to say that wasn’t the case and had this to say about this situation: “I am in game of thrones, why the hell would I worry what people thought about that. It’s clearly fuckin’ awesome.” When he’s right, he’s right.
9. Pink let everyone know what she thinks about people who call her irrelevant.
A Christina Aguilera fan told Pink that the only relevant thing she ever did was be in Christina’s video, which is a categorically insane thing to say. Nobody sleeps on Pink…unless they’re f*ckin Rip Van Winkle.
10. Wesley Snipes invited Justin to catch these hands!
When Wesley Snipes voiced criticism of President Trump on Twitter (He said “If you don’t want celebrities sharing their opinions you shouldn’t have elected a reality star”), someone on Twitter thought they were cute enough to bring up the Blade star’s decade-old tax evasion scandal. That guy received a personal invitation to a tax-free beatdown from the Daywalker himself.
11. Someone tried to blackmail Sia by threatening to leak nudes, but failed to understand how her master mind works.
Sia leaked the dang nudes herself, saying “Everyday is Christmas!” Nice try, blackmailer.
12. Rihanna leveraged Gucci Mane to shut down fat-shamers.
When a website published an article criticizing Rihanna for weight gain, she didn’t even bother to tag them in her clapback. She just posted an Instagram of with images of Gucci Mane from 2007 and 2017 and let the meme speak for itself.