Behind the somber affair that is the Academy Awards, we managed to catch some candid moments of our favourite celebrities and the hilarious twitter reactions that follow. We have to admit, as much as we love the parade of fashion, the reveal of winners and the moving speeches, we live for the funny candid moments shared between stars and the hilarious tweets that come after.
Here are some that you might’ve missed out on:
1) Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel being 100% #relationshipgoals. We love Justin’s appreciation dance for Jessica’s gorgeous look that night.
— Entertainment Weekly (@EW) February 27, 2017
2) Justin Timberlake didn’t stop there. He was creeping and photobombing all over the place and it was hilarious.
— Vogue Magazine (@voguemagazine) February 27, 2017
— ABC News (@ABC) February 27, 2017
3) During the Oscars, Jimmy Kimmel brought a gaggle of unwitting normals into the Dolby Theatre—the only people in Los Angeles, apparently, who didn’t know that the Oscars were happening Sunday night. Gary and Vicki from Chicago instantly became a hit in the internet with their relatable reactions to meeting Hollywood superstars for the first.
— joe (@maloonds) February 27, 2017
— One Rulo Over the Cuckoo's Nest (@esemirulo) February 27, 2017
— Natali Castillo (@_NataliCastillo) February 27, 2017
Related article: The Most Dazzling Jewellery Moments At The Oscars 2017
4) Jeremy Renner kicking back, backstage at the Oscars. Cheers to you too!
— The Academy (@TheAcademy) February 27, 2017
5) Jimmy Kimmel lifting Sunny Pawar Lion King style before making it rain candies, literally. It was practically magical.
— Jimmy Kimmel Live (@JimmyKimmelLive) February 27, 2017
6) Even better was Taraji P. Henson’s reaction to receive a candy from the sky.
— Good Morning America (@GMA) February 27, 2017
6) We laughed out loud at Ellen’s “tweet of encouragement” to this year’s host, Jimmy Kimmel. #NoPressure
— Ellen DeGeneres (@TheEllenShow) February 26, 2017
Related article: 13 Best Hair And Makeup Looks From The Oscars 2017
7) We loved the moment Seth Rogen and Michael J. Fox arrived on stage to present an award in the famous Time Machine from Back To The Future. Futuristic, self-lacing shoes included. Ending with a song from Hamilton, what’s not to love?
— B/R Kicks (@brkicks) February 27, 2017
— Mashable (@mashable) February 27, 2017
8) Chrissy Teigen and John Legend giving Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake a run for their money for the best couple at the Oscars. These two are just so adorable, we can’t even with them.
9) We had a mini Avengers reunion at the red carpet with Captain America and Hawkeye crossing paths.
— Tom Hiddleston News (@TomHiddlesNews) February 27, 2017
10) It was a tough call deciding who was best dressed at the Oscars but we have to give it to BB8 who showed up looking fly and totally working his angles.
— BB8 (@BB8) February 27, 2017
11) Cast of Moonlight letting the world know how it’s done, executing a perfect dab at the red carpet.
— Rebecca Ford (@Beccamford) February 27, 2017
Related article: The Best Red Carpet Looks At The Oscars 2017
12) One of the most relatable moments on the carpet, when Helen Lasichanh and Taraji P. Henson bumped into each other and had a moment of appreciation for one another.
— COVETEUR (@Coveteur) February 26, 2017
13) Taraji also had the best reaction meeting Jackie Chan on the carpet. We would’ve made the same face.
— Off Colour (@OffColourInc) February 27, 2017
14) Of course, we can’t forget the beautiful bromance moments, courtesy of Viggo Mortensen, Orlando Bloom, Dev Patel and Andrew Garfield.
— 𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒂 (@darkesthouvr) February 26, 2017
15) Jackie Chan using his time on the red carpet to raise awareness on pandas being an endangered species just warms our hearts.
16) Justin’s face of confusion is completely meme-worthy.
— MTV (@MTV) February 27, 2017
17) Denzel Washington proves that he is a regular Joe. Though we are certain that a shorts-wearing Denzel would still make ladies swoon.
— Collider (@Collider) February 27, 2017
18) Finally, the internet’s salty tweets regarding Suicide Squad winning Best Makeup had us in stitches.
— John Squires (@FreddyInSpace) February 27, 2017
— Anthony Padilla (@anthonypadilla) February 27, 2017
By Hanan Haddad