1. Moss has appeared on 9 Harper’s BAZAAR covers solo—and counting. Clearly, we are fans.
2. The Kate Moss Book. Released by Rizzoli last year, this formidable coffeetable tome is pages of reasons to love Moss. Clearly, she has a lot of fans.
3. Kate arguably, single-handedly launched the skinny jean revolution. Her slim grey Siwy jeans became the unofficial uniform of Kate-acolytes the world over.
4. Stella, McQueen, Marc. Kate’s friendships with top designers have brought about some truly beautiful editorials and runway moments.
5. Speaking of BFFs, Moss’ enduring friendship with Naomi Campbell is a love story for the ages—and has also resulted in some iconic photography.
6. Quotable quotes. You may not like them, or agree with them, but bon mots like “nothing tastes as good as skinny feels,” is certainly memorable.
7. Kate’s quotes are so memorable because they’re so rare. We love her dialled back approach to interviews in this age of the internet overshare.
8. Those muddy wellies. Music festivals existed before her, and they will exist after her, but she almost certainly ushered in the age of music festivals as fashion moments with one pair of Hunter boots, cut-offs and some Glastonbury sludge.
9. In 2007, TIME magazine named her one of the 100 most influential people in the world—and she wasn’t even close to finished yet.
10. Heroin chic. Regardless of personal opinion, not many people can be credited with beginning a cultural revolution, and the move from glamazon models to waifs is most certainly one of them.
Happy birthday Kate Moss!
From: Harper’s BAZAAR US