– Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are launching their own foundation called Sussex Royal.
– A month ago, news broke that the royal couple was breaking away from The Royal Foundation, the charitable vehicle they shared with Prince William and Kate Middleton.
– The directors of Sussex Royal will reportedly be the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, PR director Sara Latham, and a former Royal Foundation staff member.
It seems like things are starting to come together for Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan’s charity. Today, royal correspondent Emily Andrews exclusively shared that the couple’s new foundation is called Sussex Royal The Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, according to official documents. The directors of the company are Meghan and Harry, along with their PR manager Sara Latham, and Natalie Campbell, a former staffer at the Royal Foundation.
Exclusive: #Harry & #Meghan’s new foundation will be called “Sussex Royal” (full title “Sussex Royal The Foundation of the D&D of Sussex). Its 4 directors are the Sussexes, PR guru Sara Latham & former Royal Foundation staffer Natalie Campbell, who will be the new director. pic.twitter.com/604czSjQEw
— Emily Andrews (@byEmilyAndrews) July 17, 2019
According to the certificate of incorporation obtained by Andrews, Sussex Royal was registered as a private company. The duke and duchess made a good choice with the name; it’s also their Instagram handle, @sussexroyal. (Consistency is key!)
In June, it was announced that Harry and Meghan were parting ways from the Royal Foundation, the charity vehicle they previously shared with Prince William and Kate Middleton. Through the organization, which the Harry and William started in 2009, the two couples supported various causes from mental health issues, to conservation, and more.
Related article: Beyoncé And The Duchess Of Sussex Finally Meet
William and Kate will continue to lead the Royal Foundation while Harry and Meghan move onto their separate endeavor; but that doesn’t meant the two duos won’t work together on projects in the future.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are “very excited” for this next chapter of their royal work, a Buckingham Palace source previously told BAZAAR.com. It’s the couple’s latest move in paving their own path of royal life, from moving out of Kensington Palace to starting their own royal household.
“This is their chance to stamp their own personality on their charitable work,” another insider told us. “Not only will their new foundation stand the test of time, but it will allow them to do some very ambitious things. Their charity will provide them with an opportunity to create something that will be their defining work—and it’s entirely theirs.”
This article originally appeared on Harper’s BAZAAR US.