– Queen Elizabeth‘s latest sartorial selection resembles a familiar color palette of the late Princess Diana.
– While receiving a Service Medal of the Order of St. John, the queen donned a colour blocked magenta-and-purple shift dress with a layered pearl necklace and black leather block heels.
– The late Princess Diana wore similar outfits during a tour of Hong Kong and a visit to Kuwait in 1989.
- Related article: A Royal Make-Up Artist On How To Create ‘Soft Focus’ Skin, As Seen On Princess Diana And Meghan
The royal family is embracing bold colour palettes this spring.
A new photo shared by the royal family’s official Instagram account showcased Queen Elizabeth II donning a vibrantly hued, colour-blocked dress during an audience with Professor Mark Compton, Lord Prior of the Order of St. John. She was receiving the Order of St. John’s first Service Medal in Gold.
- Related article: All The Best Photos Of The Royal Family On Commonwealth Day
View this post on Instagram
Earlier this week, Her Majesty The Queen received the Order of St John’s first ever Service Medal in Gold during an audience with Professor Mark Compton, Lord Prior of the Order of St John. The Queen is Sovereign Head of the Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of St. John of Jerusalem. The Order of St John is a Royal Order of Chivalry first constituted as such by Royal Charter from Queen Victoria in 1888. The Order today is perhaps most well-known for its role with St John Ambulance and the St John Eye Hospital in Jerusalem, as well as delivering first aid, healthcare and support services in over 30 countries around the world through St John International.
For the special meeting, the queen wore a magenta-and-purple shift dress with a pearl necklace, diamond brooch, and leather block heels. The outfit’s bright hues resembled a familiar and favorite color palette of the late Princess Diana. The Princess of Wales wore strikingly similar ensembles while visiting Kuwait in 1989 and again later that year while touring Hong Kong.
In addition to the queen and the Princess of Wales, the Duchess of Sussex also sported similar shades of red and purple while visiting Birkenhead with Prince Harry in 2019.
Queen Elizabeth isn’t alone in donning bold and bright numbers this season. Duchess Kate wore her fair share of jewel tones while touring Ireland and hosting a gala at Buckingham Palace, and Duchess Meghan also recently stepped out in stunning red, green, and blue ensembles.
This article originally appeared on Harper’s BAZAAR US.