Fans who’ve just finished the new episodes of Stranger Things, don’t worry—episode 7 isn’t the finale.
The first drop of the Netflix hit’s fourth season ends on a perfect cliffhanger, giving just enough answers while leaving viewers insatiable to know what comes next. That’s because episodes 1-7 were just the first part of this supersized season, which per the Duffer Brothers has a runtime “nearly twice the length of any previous season.” Luckily, we won’t have to wait that long for the final, feature-length episodes.
Season 4, Volume 2 premieres on July 1.
The final two episodes of season 4 will hit Netflix 12 a.m. PST on July 1, five weeks after Volume 1’s premiere on May 27. The timing means both Memorial Day and Fourth of July weekends can be reserved to binge. We also recommend having some tissues ready, as the full trailer (seen below) heavily hints that some members of the Hawkins crew may not make it out of the final Vecna battle alive.
The two final episodes will be feature-length.
Viewers may have noticed that episode 7 was longer than usual the other six, coming in at 1 hour, 39 minutes, or the length of a shorter movie. The two episodes dropping July 1 will also have an extended length: episode 8 runs 1 hour, 25 minutes, and episode 9 comes in at a whopping 2 hours and 30 minutes.
If we consider the average length of Stranger Things episodes, Volume 2 really gives us three episodes worth of content to finish off the supersized season. After those, we have the fifth and final season to answer all remaining questions.
Related article: Where Was ‘Stranger Things’ Season 4 Filmed?
For those wondering, here are the runtimes and titles for the episodes that dropped May 27:
- Episode 1: “Chapter One: The Hellfire Club” (runs 1 hour and 16 minutes)
- Episode 2: “Chapter Two: Vecna’s Curse” (runs 1 hour and 15 minutes)
- Episode 3: “Chapter Three: The Monster and the Superhero” (runs 1 hour and 3 minutes)
- Episode 4: “Chapter Four: Dear Billy” (runs 1 hour and 17 minutes)
- Episode 5: “Chapter Five: The Nina Project” (runs 1 hour and 14 minutes)
- Episode 6: “Chapter Six: The Dive” (runs 1 hour and 13 minutes)
- Episode 7: “Chapter Seven: The Massacre at Hawkins Lab” (runs 1 hour and 39 minutes)
And here’s the two episodes coming July 1:
- Episode 8: “Chapter Eight: Papa” (runs 1 hour and 25 minutes)
- Episode 9: “Chapter Nine: The Piggyback” (runs 2 hours and 30 minutes)
Related article: ‘Stranger Things’ Season 4: Everything We Know